Pond Life Nature Study Unit
Our Pond Life Nature study is a full 4 week Nature Study that will help you and your children of all ages explore the fascinating pond ecosystem and take an in-depth look at food chains, reptiles, amphibians, and fish and learn about frogs, turtles, fish, and salamanders!
Each of our Nature Studies includes a full Teacher's Manual that covers 4 weeks of lessons, a printable pack full of beautiful posters, flashcards, and 3-part cards as well as 4 student notebooks for the following age ranges: Little Explorer (3-5). Junior Explorer (6-8), Senior Explorer (9-11) & Expert Explorer (ages 12-16)
In this study you will:
* Learn about the life at every level of a pond by studying the different pond layers as well as the animals that call it home.
* Discover how the sun, plants, and the pond work together to support life in a pond
* Learn about the life cycle and anatomy of salamanders, frogs, fish, and turtles
* Paint your own pond poster by following along in this month's tutorial with watercolor artist Bonnie Hunt
* Study pointillism as an artistic style and create your own pointillism salamander!
* Play 4 printable games to review and extend your learning (includes games for all ages)
* Bake pond cupcakes, assemble fruit skewers and pretzel fishing rods, and make tasty turtle waffles for poetry teatime!
* Complete STEM projects related to reptilian and amphibian eggs
* Create a diorama of pond life and pond layers
* Learn about reptilian, amphibian, and fish classification
* Discover what makes a reptile, amphibian, and fish unique
* Present a research report on pond life and the animals in a pond
* PLUS SO MUCH MORE!
* This is a digital product. No physical item will be sent.